TasTAFE is Tasmania's largest provider of vocational education and training. With a focus on practical, real-life learning, we work closely with industry to produce job-ready and highly valued graduates. We stay connected with business and industry in Tasmania and we work hard to ensure the vocational education and training students receive is industry-relevant and provide real industry skills that are highly valued by employers.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Permanent, working up to 76 hours per fortnight
This position is located at the Clarence Campus.
Undertake co-ordination duties, in addition to teaching and assessment duties in a variety of contexts and in line with relevant standards and compliance requirements. The occupant is required to regularly monitor and evaluate practice in order to maintain a focus on continuous improvement. There is also a requirement for the provision of educational leadership, guidance and mentoring to employees in respect of preparation, delivery and assessment, evaluation and other techniques and strategies related to teaching duties.
An existing TasTAFE employee employed under a copied state instrument, or an employee who has been employed at TasTAFE in the past three months, if successful, would be appointed at the relevant classification and salary in the copied state instrument.
Applicants must have currency in the construction industry, and have achieved their trade qualification in either, carpentry or carpentry and joinery.
The successful applicant must have construction experience which can be in either, residential, commercial or both.
1. A capacity to teach and assess in a competent manner with a sound understanding of basic teaching philosophies, the principles of assessment and the ability to adopt new teaching strategies and delivery techniques in relation to identified area/s of expertise.
2. Vocational competencies and current industry skills combined with an appropriate level of knowledge and skill relevant to the identified delivery area at least to the level of the training and assessment being delivered.
3. An appropriate level of knowledge and skill relevant to the identified delivery area, together with the capacity to guide and mentor other teaching staff.
4. Ability to adapt to change, undertake further training, and develop new knowledge and skills related to technological change and industry innovation.
5. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively to students, parents, employers, staff and representatives from external organisations.
6. An understanding of the problems that may be faced by students and an ability to provide assistance to students experiencing study difficulties, including assessing and helping/ referring students for further assistance.
7. Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer and quality services, including taking responsibility for solving client problems, adding value to customer expectations and identifying and meeting customer needs.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate in your resume and short (maximum two-page) statement how you meet the capabilities of the role. See the 'Advice to Applicants' guide for more information on what to include.
Evidence of meeting the following essential requirements for the role will need to be provided with your application and/or prior to starting.
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor.
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
AND one of the following:
1. TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or its successor, or
2. TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
AND one of the following:
1. TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or its successor, or
2. TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools, or
3. TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
The equivalent of the above – refer to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Applications close Sunday the 5th of February at 11.55pm
Detailed information about the vacancy is available from:
Please visit TasTAFE Careers website for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
For more information about this vacancy please contact:
Phone: 0400 857 254